Find out what STEM: College can offer you…
What is STEM: College?
Engage In STEM: College is an academic and professional enrichment program that is designed to help students interested in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and CTE (Career Technical Education) disciplines succeed while at Fullerton College and beyond. The program helps connect registered students with existing on-campus resources, including specialized academic counseling, and uses faculty mentoring, workshops and field experiences to illustrate potential career paths, networking possibilities and inspire excitement in potential career opportunities.
Engage In STEM has multiple components that target college, high school and jr. high students as well as local community members. Our goal is to increase the level of community awareness of STEM careers and the opportunities available in these dynamic fields. This portion of this program specially focuses on helping enrolled Fullerton College students. The benefits include:
- Specialized tours and trips designed to illustrate potential career paths and internships,
- Gaining research and/or field experience,
- Opportunities to meet and connect with other STEM students who share similar interests and abilities,
Receive individual specialized academic counseling from our STEM counselors,
- One-to-one attention with an advisor, faculty mentor, counselor and career guidance specialist,
- Finding local STEM related events where you can make contacts and learn about on and off campus activities,
- Forming student groups to develop research proposals or take part in competitive events under the mentorship of a FC faculty advisor/mentor,
- Participating in seminars and workshops to develop practical career skills,
- Getting periodic announcements about internship, research and volunteering opportunities based on your academic interests,
- Ensuring that you are linked into all existing campus resources or clubs that can help you be successful,
- Assistance creating a professional resume or developing personal statements and finding transfer information,
- Developing of a network of professional contacts,
- Getting assistance with studying from peer tutors,
- Specialized Engage In STEM financial incentives.
As part of this program, enrolled students are expected to:
- Meet with a STEM counselor to develop an educational plan once a year,
- Participate in at least one Engage In STEM sponsored activity or workshop per semester,
- Enroll in at least one STEM course per semester,
- Have regular contact with a faculty mentor or advisor,
- Fill out an annual tracking questionnaire to help us track your progress,
- Allow Engage In STEM staff to access, share and discuss your academic/professional history and goals. We may also contact your STEM instructor(s) throughout the semester to verify your progress and request recommendations on how we may better provide individualized assistance.
How to Schedule an Appointment
If you would like to schedule an appointment with a STEM counselor, please email Jacquelyn Johnston at email@example.com or Jeannie Abutin-Mitsch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEM: College Linked Documents
Fill out Online Application
This form is used to enroll new students in the STEM: College program
Field Studies Support Grants Application
Fill out this form if you are interested in applying for small grants to support field studies or research that you would like to conduct
EIS Survey Form
This is a survey to tell us what you thought of the EIS events that you attended
This questionnaire is meant to be filled out at the end of each school year to help us track your progress and goals